Saturday, March 5, 2011

We have house guests

...the kind that surprise you when they come through the door and you count down the days till they're gone again.

Until they showed up I was of the mindset that as a mom of twins I could do fine with 3 crib sheets, 2 for regular use and 1 for emergencies.

Since the arrival of our guests, Flu Bug by name, I have concluded that I was mistaken and really I should be required to have 10 sheets.

  • 2 for on the beds

  • 2 for in the washer

  • 2 for in the dryer

  • 2 for on the floor in front of the dryer waiting to be crumpled up... er I mean folded up and put in the closet

  • 2 for the closet, close on hand for middle of the night changings.

That way at least the cycle can run smoothly! Crazy but the twins are still at it even though they act pretty normal, if somewhat whiny between bouts.


To add to the quote of a friend, "parenting, house cleaning AND flu bugs are all for the birds". Not always bad but sure with difficult moments. And, Friend? That must make me a really old buzzard! :)


Ps. We've informed the guests they have till tonight to leave but they don't seem too persuaded by my intimidation tactics and just let their eyes slide over to stare down the rest of my family. It's wait and see, I guess.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That does not sound like fun at all! I hope for you that the bug leaves quickly!!

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

I am so sorry, I can’t even imagine! I have a hard enough time one at a time. I hope they feel MUCH better soon.