Monday, August 2, 2010

A Great Uncle

Thankfully for Sam, Uncle Jeff's imagination matches his own!

They played some baseball in the house, no balls, no bats, complete with (mostly Sam's) play by play action.

I had to take video but I don't think I caught Sam's self strike outs. "He misses, he misses again, strike three, he's outta there! or that's outta the park." Or something like that.

Mostly he made sure he got to first base (the couch) but a few times Uncle J caught a fly ball and tagged him out as he slid and jumped the living room obstacle course. As soon as the status (safe or tied to the runner or out) was determined he would head back to the pitcher's mound because in all good baseball you get three outs before you switch teams.

Sometimes the swing came before the pitch. :)
But it was great fun!
Thanks, Jeff, I'm not sure either Steve or I would have had the patience to pull that off for as long as you did!

2 comments:

Brody and Carolyn said...

I'm grinning. You can't beat imagination can you? Great post my dear

Michelle Vandepol said...

sweet :)
leanne, read your comment on the coffee cottage and agree -- forgot about wishing everyone happy b-day on the radio. that was cute