Monday, August 23, 2010

(over) Prepared

Last week, on one of those gorgeous hot days, we headed to Hicks Lake to enjoy one day of the annual week long church family camp.

I sent the boys outside with the instructions to, "get 5 pails and 5 shovels ready to go." Five minutes later Sam came running inside, "Papa already had the pails ready and we added 13 trucks!"

Indeed, they had piled the outside toys container as high as they could get it, added chairs for four and called it ready to go. The best part? Watching all five work together to push it behind the van so all I had to do was open the hatch and lift it in.

Too bad for them I insisted the stroller and the cooler were already taking up vital space and the container and chairs had to stay home. I made room for 5 trucks.

And it was one more special day in a summer full of blessings. This picture sums up the entire day of water fun. Sam's expression wins a prize in my book.

4 comments:

Michelle Vandepol said...

the picture is worth blowing up to a 12x 12 at costco and then just doing a summer quote rub-on and calling it a day. so precious!

ha ha about the 13 trucks

Bernita said...

Leanne, is that baby in the picture Silas by chance? I seem to recognize those little rolls?

Leanne O said...

Hi Bernita,

It's actually Justin. Similar rolls, I think :)

Jeane` said...

I agree with Michelle's suggestion...that picture is priceless, and makes me wish i could go back for just a day like that in my childhood...