Saturday, April 25, 2009

A few favorites from Day 1

We went camping Thurs, Fri and Sat at Deception Pass State Park and it was wonderful!

Not only did Sam practice throwing a baseball...

But he practiced catching it as well... I think he's in love :)
The kids did a lot of biking.
And discovered the incredible joy of dancing with the waves.
There was so much to see... and most of it thoroughly gorgeous.
A nice big group to camp, explore and enjoy the sun and ocean with.

A smore is the perfect addition to a warm campfire.
Days 2 and 3 will come next week, after the wash is all folded and I've caught up on some sleep :)

6 comments:

Willetta Les said...

oh, Leanne, again your photos are beautiful... especially the 'dancing in the waves' one. So special! I'm serious about helping you scrap them - you get them printed up and I'll come help ya!! :)

Dave and Trichelle Beeke said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Am looking forward to a 'camping date' one year with you guys :)

Michelle Vandepol said...

I hear you -- camping is wonderful -- but usually tiring for mom come the end of it ;)
you're doing a great job of building lots of fab memories for your family! :)

Amanda said...

Camping in April!? You must live in the tropics :-) We are looking forward to camping in July! ~Amanda

Anonymous said...

There once were these folks from BC / Who went and camped close to the sea! / The kids had great fun / see them bike, catch, and run! / Oh, those lucky folks down in BC!

~The English Prof :)

Leanne O said...

Dear Prof,

I could be getting myself in big trouble by guessing but I can't help but think the poem radiates a certain "verhoefness" about it...

How about it Arthur? :)

Don't feel you have to reveal your identity, I enjoy the comments while wondering.

The poem was great, you've surely found your niche. Even better than grammer corrections!