Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Catching Up

It's been a little busy here the last few days. All the books I've ever read about twins (which I admit are fairly few in the whole scope of things) but the ones I have read all said the first 3 months are the toughest until the twins reach 18 months. Not one of them wrote about cranky teethers with a cold to boot! I've done a lot of holding and cuddling. Not a bad thing when they grow so fast. (I'm trying to finish this post this morning and I'm thinking I should have sat at the computer to read that last comment last night. There were a few moments when I was not at all cheerful to be holding and cuddling and trying to convince two very grouchy babies to go to sleep...between 12 and 2 :) )

A few noteworthy moments... Carolyn and Brody shared exciting news with us. They are expecting a little one for the beginning of October!!! We hope and pray everything continues to go well (or even better as she's been quite sick). Looking back over their visit I'm a little disappointed with myself that I didn't get more pictures. They're on their way home again so I won't be getting anymore anytime soon. Lots of stories read over the weeks, lots of cuddles, special times.






Last Friday we had the extreme priviledge of sharing Opa and Oma's 50th wedding anniversary. It was a very special day which I didn't get a single picture of :( We made a CD with probably between 70--80 family members in the morning, a family picture with Opa and Oma, their 8 children and their spouses, 57 grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren with four on the way in the afternoon, and then shared a delicious meal and memories together with some of their friends at night. I could write and write thoughts about this blessing of commitment and time given by God...

Yesterday (actually two days ago) was a gorgeous day which we spent a good part of outside. I was somewhat disheartened to realize our back yard smells of the business end of the neighbor's dog. In all the times we've cheered Cam on in his excitement of watching the dog waiting to be let back in the house, it didn't occur to me there was a downside to this cheap entertainment!

Thanks to Gramma, my kids cheerfully go play outside to "get some vitamin D." We have a bit of a spectrum. One extreme to the other...



Sam must of wanted to increase the surface area available for soaking it in.


Cara and Cody both enjoyed some time in the swing and some gum numbing freezies! (Camera was put away by the time Cody came out)

4 comments:

Greta and Gary said...

Love the pictures of Cara in the swing:) So cute!!! Yeah, it does get tough sometimes when both babies want your attention at the same time but don't worry Leanne, you do get through it... And then 2 years of age comes along:) lol I guess we can sleep when we retire, eh? Hope you have a great day today. Looks like we're going to have some rain.

Anonymous said...

Dear Leanne, Thanks so much for supper, it's in the oven and it smells sooo good. Yes she made dinner for us today on top of the dayful she already had. Silly gal. Tootles, Steph

Anonymous said...

Did the 4 great grandchildern arrive safely in the afternoon? Read that sentence over again, carefully!!! :)

Leanne O said...

Dear Engligh Prof :)

You will be thankful to know all 4 were in attendance! If grammer lessons are free of charge you can do all the teaching you want but I do not promise to be a quick learner. It's the mom-brain effect.