Tuesday, November 2, 2010

An Update... on a few things

We did find the boys a bunk bed and these three have spent hours downstairs playing school, moms and dads, friends (an actual game here, you hear in the morning, "com'on, let's go play friends") and who knows what all else. I haven't decided on the how's and where's of the furniture down there yet but it'll come... sooner or later.



Yup, I'm one of those mom's who fills the dressup box with 75% off post Halloween costumes.

My two pretty princesses. Can you believe it?!! Leah's not wearing blue!

And I couldn't resist a couple of $1.24 wigs... way too much fun.
This is actually a long wig that I braided to somewhat preserve it. I do have a really great picture of Cam with the braid over his shoulder... :)
And here I just finished telling Sam to smile because I was going to print these up to give to his friends at school. I got this picture and then he wouldn't put another wig on.


Today was the kind of beautiful day that could only come into exsistence by way of a Divine Designer. It was incredible. Part of it's beauty was because yesterday was a very blustery fall day. The kind that has cold, driving rain and LOTS of it.
Yesterday we were in BFM and Cam spotted some umbrellas. He insisted we needed them so I caved and we got them. They wanted to play outside but I insisted it was TOO cold and rainy.
Today we went for a walk, we couldn't help BUT go for a walk. The boys insisted on taking the umbrellas. It was GREAT! The umbrellies already have given back their $1 value each on just this walk and we didn't even get wet or cold trying them out!



Cody's first thing to do is look out for helicopters and throw them up and watch them come swirling down. Wonderful, simple pleasures.

And then we made some leaf piles. If you notice the hill is kind of green. Well, if you had been walking YOUR dog in the park this afternoon you would have seen this crazy lady shovelling all the leaves on the hillside down to the bottom so the kids would have a great big pile... or two. I did it doggy fashion, faced uphill and sent leaves flying backwards through my legs. The kids' giggles were well worth the LOOKS.
Much of this running downhill and tumbling into the leaf piles was done with the umbrellas in hand. It's a good thing we didn't invest too much in them. This type of activity does little to retain the original shape.

This was a millisecond before Cam accidently munched Cara into the mud beneath the hill's surface.



God is so good! Not only do we have the blessing of gorgeous weather but also the blessings of health to run around, safety - no wars, peaceful neighborhood, cameras for recording, ability to be a stay-at-home mom and a bed to crash in when the day is done.
It's where I'm headed right now. Night all. May you also have the blessing of such a gorgeous day come tomorrow.

8 comments:

Martin and Wieska said...

Thanks for sharing about your day. Sounds like it was a full and fun one!!

Jeane` said...

Same continent, but different countries...and our lives and thoughts about those lives are
unbelieveably similar!! The contents of this post warmed my heart in the knowing that there is another who is walking this path I'm on. Thank you for being you and sharing your life!!!

Elena said...

where did you score those fantastic costumes? :) if i might ask :)

Michelle Vandepol said...

love the costumes! and your fun day with the kids :)

Anonymous said...

aww... those pictures are priceless.. I especially like the last one. :) I can tell that you are a wonderful mother to those kids.. God bless you for it!
see you SOON. ~Holly

LeanneM said...

Cara's pants give evidence of a fun time in those leaves :) Blessed we are! Enjoy this sunny day too!

Leanne O said...

Holly, we can hardly wait!

Robert-Sandra said...

Leanne,
where did you get those awesome princess costumes? I wanted to buy some for 2 special little girls that come here often but I found only very boring ones at the Superstore...mind you, they were only $2 each but the ones you found are much prettier!
Thanks for sharing:)