Monday, November 15, 2010

A Motherhood Post

Because I need to pretend that you care enough to wonder what I did all day :)

Here it is in all its frustrating laundry-ness. My babies - they tell me as soon as they wet or dirty their diaper. It goes something like this.

"Dirdy diaper, Mama, change it" "come, Mama, come right now!" And I figure if they're that desperate to have it changed they can figure out a better way.

My babies - they enjoy going on the toilet and do so often. I figure there's no use waiting until they're nearly 3 and then fighting them because they've suddenly gotten scared of the idea.

But, going on the toilet when Mom thinks about it when you're still wearing a diaper and going on the toilet when Mom thinks about it and you're wearing an underwear are two entirely different things. Worlds apart, really. Or, mountains apart. Mountains of laundry apart.

Never mind the wet puddles and stinky floors.

I do set the timer, I really do. But they can never go when the bell starts to ring. Always about 15 minutes later.

So, if you're not of the motherhood realm and I still haven't grossed you out yet, here's the tally.

Cody - 7 pairs of underwear
- 2 pairs of pants

Cara - 3 pairs of underwear
- 1 pair of pants.

The only reason there were so few pairs of pants is because I got a bit wiser after the 3rd pair and turned up the heat as opposed to wearing clothes to ward off the chill.

And the Cara to Cody difference? He pees about 32 times more per hour than she does.


And while there were victories along the way let me still add that much to my dismay those underwear are not all just wet.

Tomorrow, here we come!

3 comments:

Kiwi Poppes said...

been there doing that with my mr two year old... same idea ... wanting nappies (sorry kiwis don't have diapers !) changed as soon as they are wet and dirty so thought he was ready . but my little man does number twos too many times and after having to clean a few of them i'm having second thoughts about the whole idea........... thankfully summer is on the way here so lets hope the neighbours are not watching but i'm thinking we will just become one with nature and forge the under garments...!!
keep up your good work.
love from a kiwi mum.

Jeane` said...

Seriously...I AM SO THERE. Like, RIGHT NOW. And if I once judged the woman who said "Oh, well, they won't go to kindergarten in diapers", I've now gone even lower than that: "Well, at least she won't walk down the aisle in a pull up!". I am abandoning all cutesy little ideas of potty training formulated by mother's of one little princess who happened to take to the training with her dolly like a charm. I am focusing on surviving and not caring that my daughter who looks like she 4, but is still 3 and cannot conceive of actually sitting on the commode BEFORE the trickle comes. Thank you for the space to vent and the true understanding you have.

...Now, where did I set my cold coffee mug???

Michelle Vandepol said...

cute post :)
super smart to turn the heat up as opposed to dressing in layers at this stage in the game.
coffee here soon?
i have a big bathtub. you can bring a suitcase of wardrobe changes ;)