Monday, November 29, 2010

Pretty Sky

If that's not your shop the tree is resting on.

Last week had so much packed into it and there are still a few things worth sharing. On Monday night we had an incredible wind storm. Shortly before Leah went to bed there was a great big crash and I went to go look if the back door had smashed a window in. Nope but there were a few lawn chairs blowing about so I assumed they were the cause of the noise.

Later on, Steve discovered there were some florescent lights down in the shop. It didn't really make sense as it was obviously not windy in the shop. But then he spotted what the bright outside light was disguising.

This tree had come down on the shop roof. Now my photo doesn't really give a good overall picture but it was a little shocking to see this hanging over the sandbox.

Thankfully... it was a skinny tree. Thankfully the branches tended to shoot upwards so there wasn't really any branches attempting to go through the roof. It just sort of dropped down for a rest... in a bit of a rough sort of way.

But watching the leaning tower of pisa here did give us a few moments of concern. If we would have been paying close attention to the direction of the wind we would have been more worried for the neighbors but since we already had one tree on our roof, these VERY tall trees were making us a bit nervous. Especially cause it looked like the one was really ready to go. (You notice it goes from the bottom right corner up to the the top left)
All in all the next day's cold but sunny weather made for beautiful sky and I thought it smart to capture it the best I could. We are so thankful we were kept safe (the babies' room is at the corner of the house and I will admit I moved them out of their room for the first 1/2 of the night... until they woke up and realized they were on the couch...) and that even our property was kept from major damage.
It was something to be reminded that God controls the powerful winds!

No comments: