First, of course, comes the getting dressed. Fifteen minutes later the first one was already coming back inside, the last one was still trying to get all the pieces assembled in the correct order and one of the middle ones had made a huge mess.
It was partly my fault. I knew his boots were full of mud from visiting Daddy on the work site the day before and I should have known he would not just go out the door and stay out.
I should have locked the door behind him.
But I didn't so he came in to see if he could exchange his mittens for a different pair.
The footsteps came up the stairs....
Then they went outside and played. Happily. For a very long time.
'Cept when I wasn't looking she snuck back out the door in her socks and no coat. Figures!
These three had fun throwing snowballs at the living room window until Daddy came home and pulled them around the lawn on the infamous garbage can lid. I think they're finally won over. Ever since we moved they have periodically told us they like the old house better because Daddy could pull them around the back yard. Now that we got snow Steve finally proved to them that this house/yard is just as good!
This poor guy had to walk with his head permanently tipped back because his toque kept slipping over his eyes. I'm glad I got such a nice picture of his chin though because after this afternoon it will never be quite as seamless again.
And when the top 2 still hadn't run out of steam the bottom 3 laughed and giggled while the snowballs hit the living room window. I had a much better picture of all the splats but it showed how abominably streaked the windows were so I opted for this poorer quality picture instead.
These three had fun throwing snowballs at the living room window until Daddy came home and pulled them around the lawn on the infamous garbage can lid. I think they're finally won over. Ever since we moved they have periodically told us they like the old house better because Daddy could pull them around the back yard. Now that we got snow Steve finally proved to them that this house/yard is just as good!
I'm very thankful to tell you that by laying beside him on the doctor's "table" and clamping him down with the reminder that if he wiggled he would have to go to the hospital for stitches, we successfully glued his chin together and we were in and out of the clinic in 10 minutes. He didn't make a peep and was VERY cheerful company to run through Walmart with afterwards.
I say "we" because the sweet doctor said kind things to me about my effective "cuddling".
Not because I was worried what you would think of my windows but because I want to be able to look at this post without feeling like I should be doing something about the streaks.
2 comments:
i am in love with the snowball window! what a sweet mommy you are. great coffee-ing with you the other day
Once again, you captured some pretty neat memories. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment