I think I just admitted to being wimpy.
Back to VBS. The best part of it was the round 2 we had here at home with Leah and Sam. They stood, with their blue and yellow bags, on top of the slide and on the cover of the sandbox and sang songs and recited the 10 commandments for their invisible audience.
Their recitation was priceless. They had a small tag with the commandments written out in shorter form. Leah would read the first one and then tell Sam, okay, this is what you say next. Then Sam would do his best to read his commandment by way of his memory from Sunday morning services and Leah`s recap.
Precious.
(I am having some trouble here and I cannot use certain punctuation, like apostrophes, without getting weird symbols. Hope you can follow my stories none the less.)
I don`t know what I do wrong but none of my children have ever been one of these kids that takes a 2 hour nap until they`re 3 and still go to bed on time. So this afternoon when Cody and Cara were still fooling around at 2:40 I took them out of bed with the knowing we would just have to work around a disaster supper time.
The problem is this is becoming more and more common and I shudder to think that their nap time is becoming a thing of the past.
Anyway, this is what happens at supper time when they do not nap. We watched and laughed for 5 minutes and then I just put them both into the tub where they promptly woke up and played happily for a half hour while everyone else ate supper.
And since I`m on the subject of Satuday nights this is what happened last Saturday night.
We went to White Spot for supper. It was yummy.
I asked Steve`s permission and ordered a salmon fillet burger and caesar salad. Yes, I asked permission. Ordering caesar salda can be a cruel and unusual punishment if you`re hoping to kiss someone who doesn`t like the stuff.
Then we thought to go for a short walk at a nearby park. One that looked like it would be gorgeous on a sunny day. Unfortunately for us, it was not sunny.
In five minutes we got soaked. But it was such fun and more than half of us were headed for a warm bath anyway! :) Sorry to those who were not as amused but up until now, this was the highlight of my day.
And then we got ready for bed. I made one last check on the kids and crawled into bed. Steve pulled me close to give me a good night hug and promptly set me away again.
There`s 3 people in this bed tonight, he muttered.
Three, I questioned.
You, me and caesar, he drolly answered.
And that caesar salad with it`s measly single cruton became worth it`s weight in gold because of the shared laughter of the next five minutes.
Sorry to be so fickle but I instantly had a new highlight of the day!
6 comments:
ha ha :)
love the video footage too.
each kid is diff. none of my kids did napping past 2. but my mom says we all did until we went to school. good thing u and i are hyper moms so as to be able to keep up with the constant activity ;)
fyi: you're totally not a wimpy mom. i felt like napping in the afternoons after vbs and i wasn't even post road trip challenged ;)
see i tommorow
Fun stuff Leanne! Hey if your keyboard is doing that, simply hold Ctrl and SHIFT together and things will be back to normal. Just discovered that the other day...why am I finding myself googling questions all the time??!
Thanks for the chuckle! Lucas still naps almost daily for 3-4 hours and back in bed at 7:30...(I know I know, just HAD to brag for a sec!!) BUT I have never had the chance to laugh and watch my kiddo's fall asleep at the table. So cute!
Laura
Aaron has done the napping while eating many times. It is quite funny!
Love the reaction to "Ceasar"! Made me thankful that we both love garlic! :)
Hope those two little ones nap at least once in a while for you yet.
Have a great week!
Teresa
Thanks for the whiplash video - Chelsie laughed too :) An the drowned picture is a keeper for sure! Love you, L
We've enjoyed reading all the last few posts - but this one had us really laughing. From watching kids sleeping at supper to the 3 in the bed... thanks for the laughs!
Post a Comment