Thursday, July 29, 2010

Hooray!

I am delighted to tell you I have a new niece as of last night. Brian and Leanne had a little girl Brynlie Willette and I hear she's really cute. :) I'm hoping I can stop by to see for myself in a short while.

In the meanwhile, Cam couldn't believe he had been a little baby at one time so we went looking for proof.

My insides are now officially in a jumble. Those were precious days. All those first days of all five. My heart is overwhelmed by the enormity of the grace God has shown to us just in the safe delivery of five healthy children.

Well, this is my Cam. Who came out wanting to be grown up and could hold up his head for 20 minutes or more at a time before he was 24 hours old.

He was such a cute baby, even if the curtain is pink. (Leanne fixed these pictures for me once but in my typical organized fashion I didn't locate them fast enough to use them.)

Cam's birth was also a milestone event for me in that this picture is probably the last picture I have of Steve wearing his wedding ring. True story. I realize you can hardly see it but believe me, it's jumping out at me as we speak. Oh, we weren't speaking.... as I type. He put it on especially for Cam's birth and took it off the day he came home from the hospital and hasn't worn it since. He doesn't even know where it is. Even the twins' birth couldn't coax him into wearing it again. I don't really blame him. Even if he could get it on
he would have to remove it daily for work and it's currently too mishapen to fit over his working man's hands/finger. It bothers me somedays but I'm learning to deal with it. :)



It's a good thing Cam was born with his indendent streak because it really wasn't that long before these two came along.

And then they came home.
And then I sat on the couch and snuggled them. Man, even your insides are probably doing that baby jumble now! :) I really was more happy about the arrangement than I appear.
Now the days are flashing by and all five of my babies are reaching their teenage years. Like, it might just be tomorrow if I don't pay close enough attention.
They are such a blessing but come with such a burden of responsibility too. May God give both Steve and I all the wisdom and grace needed because if we look at ourselves we are certain of failure.
So, now I'm going to get to scampering to go snuggle "my" new baby.

2 comments:

Greta and Gary said...

Love how you describe everything. Your kids ARE growing up so fast. It's amazing how time flies. Enjoy your snuggles:)

Martin and Wieska said...

Congratulations, Auntie! Enjoy those snuggles ;)