Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I really thought I would be making a trip to the ER. But what a hoot.


We had these old windows in our shed. Steve secretly pulled one out, measured it and then matted the panes and made "photo corners" on the back so pictures can be interchanged easily. He also proceeded to pick 5 pictures and crop them just so. He was also going to include some anniversary-ish thoughts in the last pane but since he gave away the surprise he hasn't worked on it so much. I don't know if you can see it but the mats are grey, the photos black and white. I love that man! I love his creativity. I love that it was a total surprise. I hope we have many more years together, Steve, that'll give you a while to get it done :)

For anyone overly concerned, please be aware that my story of the oncoming traffic was slightly embellished for the sake of the read.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Michelle de Raadt said...

What an awesome bicycle jump! My kids have just recently discovered this too (courtesy of Grandpa de Raadt setting it up for them the first time)! What a hoot and great source of entertainment!

Greta and Gary said...

What a neat idea- the picture frame:) Love it!!

The Feijens said...

Great job Steve! I'm sure that will get a special spot in your new home. Better get some anniversary thoughts in there before you realize you need one more baby to fill that last spot!