Thursday, July 23, 2009

First of all

It seems like every week I hear from someone else who reads our blog to see what our little family is up to. From past teachers (hi! Mrs. Sinke!) to old friends (special hello to Linda and family - would love the chance to get to know you) (and Liz who also has a busy family of five little ones - I have started an email to you numerous times...) to family members who live near and far (some of you passing on this blog to people like past teachers...thanks! even though I'm not sure which one of you it was) (and Steph, you count pretty much as family and you get the prize for the furthest away in NZ) and to all the rest of you - some of whom I am not even aware of your keeping tabs with us. To all of you wonderful people who take time to read this blog, "Thank you!!" On days when snail mail and email are quiet and babies and big kids are fussing it cheers me up to know I am "connected" to so many other busy, special people. Want to make my day? Leave a comment with a "hello" and some identifying feature so I know who you are. An email works too. Okay, it's really not as bad as I made it sound but I will still enjoy any hellos.

In the midst of the trying moments the last couple days there have been some golden moments too.

Tuesday night 8:30... sometimes the neighbors must wonder but they had a lot of fun and they were chilled enough to fall asleep in a still-warm upstairs.



Our wonderful, free entertainment for the last few days, road construction, excavator and backhoe loader inclusive. 7:00 Tuesday and Wednesday morning the kids were out there on the driveway for 45 min of watching before breakfast. Monday and Tuesday they spent most of the day in the front in wide eyed wonder.

Time to really get this day started. With seven sleeps left in this house and about 5 weeks of "camping out" at my Mom and Dad's before we get possession of our new house, there is some work and organizing to do. And yes, we do have a new house come end of August, very close to where we are now (we are so thankful to stay in this area) and about 600 sq. feet more living space. We are incredibly blessed.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Hey Leanne, glad to hear all went well in the selling/buying process! love your updates on your busy family life, plus the way you write stuff down reminds me alot of Sher! must be in the genes, I guess. :) enjoy your day!

LeanneM said...

Love the picture of the three with the bedhead :) Great shot of their interest in the road excavation! xox, L2

Anonymous said...

Saw the lawn chairs and figured the would love watching the road crew working!! glad you found another abode( and one with more space to boot!)take care

Kiwi Poppes said...

just taking some time out of house work to check up on what every one else is up too. i love reading your blog and often think about you and your family. wonder how you do things with all your little ones. it is a cold wet and raining day here so feeling a litle grey. but to cheer my up my dear daughter is singing next to me. she just saw the photos of your boys and she is not impressed because MUM they have dirty noses...naughty she says!!!
so you guys have a new house... wow that is neat :) a big house sure will be great for you guys. if you need any help with packing just let me know?!:)
thinking of you
love steph and fam

Greta and Gary said...

Love the shot of the 3 watching all the work going on. I'm so glad that you're going to stay our "neighbours":)

Michelle de Raadt said...

Too bad my kids didn't know about the road construction - they would have added their chairs and enjoyed watching also. Oh, well, maybe next time! LOL Take care over there and try to stay cool in the upcomming hot days!

Kathy said...

Ok, since you asked us to leave messages, here goes.
Loved seeing your kids doing the sprinkler thing. It brought back all the memories from those days when that was the cheapest fun around for my kids too! Wait...a few weeks ago my girls still ran through it.:) I guess they never get too old for it.
And it is nice to see someone enjoys the road work.

thanks Leanne for all the pics and the day to day happenings.
Sometimes I laugh out loud reading your blog.

Robert-Sandra said...

I wondered if your kids enjoyed their "front row seat" opportunity to watch the road work! I find I get annoyed when there are long traffic delays but, through the eyes of an unhurried child, it must be fascinating!
So, when do you move and where are you moving to? Happy packing!