Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm not a good enough writer to describe a day like today... where to start?

The ironing board is as good a place as any, I suppose. You see, I had just finished telling Leah and Sam that my ironing board was not for general play when I turned around to see Cameron IN the bumbo chair, ON the ironing board, 3 feet UP in the air. They thought they were being nice giving him a ride! So, I grab Cam, still in the chair and safely deposit him on ground level. Only to turn around and this time see Leah and Sam both on the ironing board, cheerfully riding it as it sunk lower and lower. As you can imagine, my cheap Walmart ironing board legs had buckled under the increased burden. Hey, you can't blame it for wimping out. My weekly ironing load consists of Steve's Sunday shirt, my skirt, possibly Leah's dress, Sam's shirt, maybe his pants depending on how long they lay crumpled in the wash basket and possibly a little jumper from Cara. It is an extreme policy here that any item of clothing purchased has to pass a stress test first. I stand in the middle of the store, grab a handful of material and mash it in my fist. If after a minute I open my hand and the article of clothing still looks wearable, I'll consider it. If it has the slightest wrinkle retain, not a chance. So, my ironing board is not buff. Now I don't know what to do with my ironing board because it doesn't collapse all the way any more.
I have been wanting a coffee table.
The rest of this amazing day will have to wait for another time. I need to fortify myself in case tomorrow is another of the same.

3 comments:

Michelle Vandepol said...

I recommend the spray and tug products out on the market. throw out the ironing board :) in a pinch, ironing on a mattress works too.

I have a spare coffee table in the basement if you are looking for one -- it's ultra sturdy -- would survive the kids playing on it :)

Anonymous said...

i love it!! :)
i'm not a big ironer either... maybe 3/4 times a year if i'm lucky! just be there shortly after the dryer is done, give it a good shake and hang it up :)
Elena

Greta and Gary said...

ha, ha, I do the same thing in the store. Wring it hard and then shake it out to see if it has wrinkles. I hate ironing!