Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This morning

I am
1) a supreme pep talker - I talked myself out of bed after one of THOSE nights
2) successful negotiater - I convinced Leah to get out of bed
3) not so stellar nutritionist - instant brown sugar porrige for Cam, brown sugar toasts for Sam and I, rice crispies for Leah, rice cereal and the same old, same old milk for Cara and Cody. (not all bad but not really great either)
4)health care provider - changed a whole ream (seems like) of diapers, washed faces, brushed teeth and even I got a shower!
5) fashion consultant - I got clothes out of the drawer AND dressed the kids and myself
6) psychologist - put Cara and Cody to bed and let them wail themselves to sleep as I knew they were tired and they just needed to figure it out for themselves. This is when I went in the shower because with the water running I didn't have to keep track of their session on the "couch"
7)dish washer - well, they're sitting in hot, soapy water if their not quite in the dish rack yet
8) laundry worker - only did some clean up this morning because I'm only willing to run the washing machine so many days a week!
9)receptionist - answered a few phone calls and even checked email.
10) sanitation engineer - moved a bag of stinky diapers outside

And the day is only 3.5 hours old, no wonder I'm already exhausted!

Apparently Cody wasn't convinced because he's starting up again. I better get going if I'm going to wash those dishes, straighten up the house a bit, do my hair and get everyone (and everything) into the van on time to make a 11:30 appointment at the school for Mother's Day lunch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add to that negotiator,investigator,cook,
hair dresser, etc...At least we get to have a nice relaxing meal at lunch today(without having to cook it and get to eat it hot!)

Anonymous said...

You IS a WunderBar Mama - the hats you wear are getting quite exquisite. We'd like to see a pixxture. Your breakfasts sound positively nummy. Expect a few more faces at the table one of these days I think. Love, Hen

LeanneM said...

#11 Amazing in every way :) Love you, L!