Saturday, May 9, 2009

A wonderful way to end the week. Starting a few days back. I mean, Thursday is more the end of the week than Wednesday and I never did share what happened after the ironing board disaster.
Clearly the kids needed a bit of help in the creative department. I wasn't about to donate anymore of my household goods just because they were feeling the cold weather doldrums. So, we had a scavenger hunt, DELICIOUS "Old McDonald" lunch from Aunty Wieska and hours worth of dressing the accordian dolls with scrap paper and glue. A word about the lunch. You do realize the most delicious part of the lunch (yes, take out from Micky D's) was the adult company? A bit of sanity to salve my aching head. Thanks for the visit, Wiesk, it was wonderful!
Friday was as normal a day as we get here...up until 3:00 that is. Sam and Cam had a wonderful walk with Nana after lunch (picture coming soon) and I enjoyed a few moments of what-should-I-do-next-as-soon-as-I-can-make-Cody-happy-without-having-to-be-held.
And then the house had to be showed. Scramble, scramble. Thanks to Krista, Kayla and Tyler who stopped by and with some major effort and hard work (like starting an obstinate lawn mower) on Krista's part we did whip the ol' house into order on time for us to leave for the supper hour. Steve and kids had "Old McDonald's" with Opa and Uncle Jeff and I got to go with Mom and babies to a special ladies supper/speech(?) at the church. A wonderful end to Friday for all of us.
My dear loving husband gave me an early Mother's Day gift this morning and stayed home with all 5 children while I went and explored the driveways of the residents of the city participating in the city wide garage sale. I had so much fun. Thanks to wonderful Trichelle who introduced me to the idea of bartering at garage sales. I got some great deals. A(nother) booster seat for at the kitchen table, couple of ride on toys, neat books etc. "Are you open to offers? I'm willing to pay ...(1/2 price) for that item. Will you take it?" It's great. I'll never pay full price for over priced garage sale stuff again. That was great advice, Trichelle, and I don't mind telling you it took a bit to get my nerve up the first couple of times. One time I even drove around the block before I convinced myself it was worth a try and saved myself $8!
Steve's turn at the computer. Some pictures next week.

2 comments:

Dave and Trichelle Beeke said...

Glad to hear that you had success at garage saling! Happy Mother's Day. Love Trichelle

LeanneM said...

I've been practicing that bartering stuff out here too - it's fun once you get going! Here is even more extreme...you say 450 quai, how about 90? And back and forth ;) We'll have to get out together sometime and see who can get better deals! Our church has a garage sale next week Sat, btw. Looking forward to seeing you guys again this week. xox, L