Saturday, June 11, 2011

That kind of day

It's been busy here the last couple of weeks. Sometimes it feels like I'm whirling around in circles from the moment the day starts until I crash back in bed again at night.

Today, for example, I got up early, had a shower, glance through the Superstore flyer, gathered my buckets and bags and was out the door by 7:10. It's such a wonderfully quiet time to get groceries done.

And it was all wonderful and good until, truck parked in the parking lot, I reached for my purse to get a loonie for the buggy. I just couldn't do it.

My purse wasn't there.

It was sitting back at home where I had dropped it to get something else done on the way out the door.

Some people multitask in a most marvelous and effective way. Others of us just end up feeling frazzled.

4 comments:

Greta and Gary said...

Wow!! Did you break down crying? Hate it when that happens!!
And in your whirlwind of a week you even made a dinner for me!! Thank you so much!!!

LeanneM said...

No happy ending? LOL :) Glad I'm not the only one...um, why is my wallet not in the diaper bag?! (PS some of us just pretend we're not feeling frazzled inside.)

Anonymous said...

Dearest:

I've had that too before...unfortunately though, I had planned to be out the door by 7:10, made it out the door by 10:10( and it was Friday, not Saturday) - so I went to the bank and took out some cash to save me from making the trip home again!

Michelle Vandepol said...

that happens to me all the time. just think of it as God's detour in your day. i'm wanting to know now how it Romans 8:28 ed ;)