Yes, I realize we have increased our chances of visiting the ER - good thing it's only a few blocks up the street, yes, I realize our neighbours may not appreciate the extra noise - but at least the kids are keeping an eye out for robbers in their back yards. Which brings me to the point, how do you convince kids trampolines are NOT made for spying on/ checking out the goings ons of everyone elses back yard!?
Anyway, despite the "they're not letting me on", "he's jumping too high" "they're not giving me a turn" etc. I've also had my heart warmed a time or two.
The other day I heard "ring around the rosie" from my kitchen window and snuck outside to get these.
As for today, we woke up to blue skies and wonderful, gorgeous sunshine and I think every single skin cell in our entire household sighed an audible sigh of awe. We hope to soak it in... 36 minutes and counting until I let the neighborhood disturbances begin. (I'm hoping keeping them inside till 9:00 will at least appease some annoyance!)
ps. backyard trampolines are great for exercise. It's been years since I've gotten the kind of exercise that superbouncing kids for hours on end brings! Thankfully the holes in the mat haven't protested and I keep telling myself that I'll attempt to stitch them up soon. (the idea makes me laugh in a mice- sewing-Cinderella's-gown kind of way. can you picture that little mouse ducking everytime the needle comes flying through to the inside of the dress? I'm going to have to have someone under the tramp to put the needle back up everytime 'cause otherwise I'm going to be hopping on and off for an awfully long time doing it by myself.)
pps. edited to add: 6 more minutes to 9:00 and Sam just asked me, "please can we go outside? we don't want to miss the beauty of this day!" can you tell it's been awhile since we've had a sunny day like this?
4 comments:
Looks like fun. We also recently added one of the aforesaid pieces of equipment to our yard. They love it and no, we don't have a safety net either...I mean didn't have those when we were kids right?
they will have HOURS of on it!! we got the same one 4 yrs ago-still has not worn out the novelty! ps..try the srinkler under it in the summer-:)
Oh what FUN. we have asked our Papa and Mummy for one of those !! Look forward to come play on it in September all being well. Love your kiwi freinds...Bethany & Malachi
Chelsie jumped on our neighbours last week and the next day he moved it to his other house, so that's it for that :S We'll have to come jump on yors soon :)
Post a Comment