Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sam's KG trip

Last Wednesday was Sam's trip to build sand castles in Harrison. He was SO excited. Not because I was going to be there but because his Dad was coming and nobody else! He was going to get some undivided attention and he couldn't have been more thrilled. Even though I would have rather picked a sunny day, clouds and cool temps didn't bother him at all.


We started off with a walk to the hot springs. The kids had lots of fun exploring the pool and the mountain side. One of Sam's kind teachers took this for us.




I thought it was so sweet to see him walking hand in hand with his Dad on the way back and it wasn't until a little while later I found out he was hurting and crying because he had gotten some stinging nettles right across the kisser.


Thankfully by the time we got back to the sand the pain had ebbed and it was down to business.


Despite the cool weather Sam had insisted on wearing his sandals with his socks.


He started out filling his bucket here...


But soon moved to deep waters. Quicker fill, clearer water? I'm not sure but he didn't seem to mind.

And the sandals certainly didn't stop him from getting in the trenches to do his work.


He was a cold, soggy, sandy mess by the time the castle was done.


He plunked his personal flag in and got some pictures taken with his Dad - none of which worked out!



And some with his fellow sand crew.



Finished the special morning with a special lunch...


And a really yummy lollipop. "Cheers!"


1 comment:

Michelle Vandepol said...

gorgeous parents and boy pic! and the rest are adorable too :)