Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This makes Leah smile

And talk and smile and bubble over and smile.

Vaulting.


The pictures are not great. I don't know too much about finangling with my camera and I sure wasn't about to use the flash and spook the horse.


Whose name is Sparkle, by the way. And she is HUGE. (She has to be, I've seen her with 3 adults on her back)


Well, our Leah does some pretty crazy things on the top of that horse.


Like the bridge.


And kneeling. That's right she's balancing up on her knees. And smiling :)

Here she was still getting up into position but yes, she is up on her knees.

Just a small sample. And to tell you the truth... I'm a little jealous. She got all her balancing skills from her Dad. If she had taken after me? Well let's just say her bail out rolls (how to fall and roll away from the horse when things go wrong) would be perfected!
Ps. How does someone get the bravery to do things like lay backwards on a huge horse and put your feet into the air? I'm clueless.

5 comments:

Holly said...

That looks awesome!! Gotta love horses. I'm so happy Leah gets to do vaulting - it looks so fun! (different from the kind of riding I do) I should send Leah some pictures...
thanks for sharing that :)

Greta and Gary said...

Wow!!! I don't think I'd be able to balance like that. And she doesn't even have to wear a helmet? She looks amazing!

Wilma Pronk said...

Hey Leah, your aunty Wilma would be right there with you!! Great job! Sometime you need to come to camp with the girls and go ride in the mountains for 5 days! I think you would love it! It looks like this old mare is a sweety! You go girl!

Michelle Vandepol said...

this is obviously her thing! so cute :)

LeanneM said...

brave brave brave! Way to go, Leah!