Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yup!

Well, dear secret Pal, if you read this blog you will see I used all the ingredients, even if it didn't end up very beautiful. :) Yes, my secret friend from church gave me all the fixin's for making a celebratory, yummy birthday cake. Now, there's a few things about making birthday cakes. a) there should be a bit of time cut out especially for the process. b) cake boxes should come with some simple decorating schemes. I didn't have either. Steve lovingly allowed me to go garage saleing sat. morning and the time I spent hunting for a specific sized shelf plus the time doing groceries plus some time spent getting my hair cut short again, took up from 8 - 12. Four hours by myself. It was special but I do hate wasting the time garage saleing when I don't find what I want.
Well, back to birthday cakes. I didn't have a lot of time left to decorate. As for ideas, I was going to make a sprig of flowers with the red gel and fill them in with sprinkles but the flowers weren't working out too well and so I quit before I made a real mess. Next time I'll look for an idea or two before I start.
The numbers... that's where I'm at. Sometimes hard to believe but really quite anti-climatic. Thirty sounds older but really my 3rd decade started with my 29th birthday (if you're confused, remember you live a whole year before you turn one). Yet, there is an incredible amount of blessings that have been poured on me in those 3o years. I hope and pray the Lord keeps me from taking all these things for granted.

Again, dear secret pal, it might not have looked designer but it tasted good and it was fun to have a real birthday cake. Thanks!
To all of you who continue to come back to read and keep up with us, thanks. I haven't had as much time or energy to blog faithfully but I'm thankful you continue to check in.

8 comments:

Margaret Van Der Heide said...

Happy birthday Leanne! ☺
Margaret

~Sharilyn said...

Yes - Happy Birthday!!! I bet your cake tasted great!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Leanne

The Feijens said...

It's not even me this year Leanne! I take this person hasn't given themselves away the way I did huh? Have a wonderful day and don't forget about next Tuesday night!

Anonymous said...

Dear Leanne,

Congratulations with your birthday. I am not one for writing too many comments but I read your blog with interest!

Love, and I wish you the Lord's blessing in the 31st year of your life.
Aunt Mary

Willetta Les said...

Happy Birthday! Crazy 3-0, eh!? I'd like to stay in the 20's for a while longer, I think...

Kiwi Poppes said...

Dearest Leanne,
sorry to say it is late but did not even know so that's a good excuse huh!?!? well Congratulations with your 30 years of blessing from above. Hope you did have an enjoyable day and got spoiled because you deserve it. love the up dates . thanks heaps.
enjoy
with love from us all down under

Anonymous said...

Congrats and wishing you many more years..