I promised my sis I would put these pictures up. Made some little piggy banks for some sweet, tiny, oh so precious new men in my life.
Ps. The blue circles on the white circle have a story on their own. One you can hardly even believe. I just about pulled my hair. You see, I like to use empty toilet paper rolls for a stamp. They work great with paints or ink and make either neat circles or funky shaped ones. Problem number one, there was still 1/3 of the roll left and no empty rolls in the garbage can. So, yup, I really did, can you imagine????? I unrolled the tube feeling as gleeful as a one year old (!) as I watched that white softness make a pile on the floor. Then I picked up the pile and put it on the back of the toilet to use as we otherwise do when Cara's been the one to empty the roll. Too bad for me, Cam came along and created problem number 2, took the entire pile and dumped it in the toilet bowl. While I did a, "oh dear, Cam, you are NOT allowed to do that!" and ran for a plastic bag to scoop it all out again, Sam came along and thought to help me get rid of the problem all together by flushing. I still am waiting for the silly toilet to back up but I'm sure glad it hasn't happened yet. Object lesson, next time, no matter how much you want to get the project done, leave it for a few days until the toilet paper roll is empty. Problem is, because the toilet didn't overflow, the impression wasn't great enough and next time I'll want to "just get it done" and probably forget today's trouble.
And these two... I know it keeps them quiet and I know they aren't breaking anything and I also know in the grand scheme of things it cleans up really fast BUT the truth of the matter is that this drives me crazy. Always has. And no matter how much I just try to ignore it and enjoy the peace their fascination brings, I still usually end up chasing them into the living room and tossing everything back in the cupboard before they've had their fill.

5 comments:
I have a drawer they'll have fun with? When are you coming over :) Thanks for the TP story - needed an extra smile! xox, L
Love the piggy banks:) Great job!
That is a great piggy bank idea and so versatile...I think all kids have a fascination with tupperware cupboards--better that than spoons and pans for noise!
good job on the piggy banks...
and funny, my kitchen floor is looking like yours a lot lately!!!... thanks to Al, the corningware and garbage cupboards now have door stoppers on them :) i caught a corningware 3 times yesterday just before it hit the floor :D
Elena
How do you get one roll to last for multiple days? I'm sure at our place you'd get 2 or 3 'empties' every day of the week!!!
Post a Comment