Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Catch Up

One of the things I was wondering about was how Sam was going to react to having Leah gone all day every day. My feeling was he was going to miss her alot. He does have him moments but for the most part he and Cam morphed into a comradeship quite easily.
They help Mom together.
They build houses for Papa together.
They go downstairs and outside together. They sit and listen to stories together. They come asking for snacks (hoping for candies) together. They have their occasional scrap together but for the most part they are enjoying this new stage. And I am so glad.

Then there is this funny boy. On Sunday he came upstairs with a ball under his shirt and we compared him to Aunty Rach (who's 9 months +). Yesterday he came upstairs, "look, 'ammy, my tummy ache." If only he knew! A few minutes later, ball on the floor, "look, 'ammy, tummy ache all gone," oh, if only it were so easy :)
Every once in a while he is considerate enough to remember that when he plays outside without shoes (which is almost all the time) he gets dirty feet. Then he kindly washes them, "by myself." If I stop giving him the benefit of the doubt I believe I will accuse him of just wanting to play with water. :)

But no matter how well Cam and Sam have adjusted to this new brotherhood thing there is no doubt in my mind Sam and Leah miss each other. Saturday I snuck these precious pictures. They were snuggled together on the couch, cheek to cheek, holding hands, and discussing everything they came across in Leah's new yearbook. So, while my heart was in a sentimental puddle on the floor I heard the last bit of conversation before they had to go brush their teeth. "So, you look through and find a girl you want to dream about and I'll find a boy I want to dream about." WHAT!!!??? Where did that come from?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

~Sharilyn said...

awh - too cute!!! Especially about finding the pictures to dream about someone special - precious!

Brody and Carolyn said...

I laughed out loud---- this blog was WAY too Cute and Special, but I had to contain myself- cuz you know me. If I start laughing too long I'll end up sobbing. So. I loved it and I can't wait to see you all again. Maybe someday I'll have funny 1 liners like that myself to write about :)

LeanneM said...

And did your sentimental heart puddle get picked up right quickly?! :) Love you! Thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

Glad my kids aren't the only ones who LOVE looking at the year books--every week---at eh people in it!!nice to know that no matter how much they can fight and argue at times, they still like each other to do special things with