Friday, September 11, 2009




So if it's true that "cleaning the house while children are growing is like shovelling the sidewalk while it's still snowing", then "settling in a new house with 4 children crawling is like shovelling the sidewalk while the blizzard is still bawling" must be equally as true.
It could be pointed out that not all 4 children at home this morning are crawling AND blizzards are more likely to howl than bawl and I would reply, "points taken but I couldn't think up better rhyming words on the spot".
I would also add that while that all might be true, the big point is that I feel like I'm shovelling the sidewalk with a teaspoon! (and please do not point out that I could be perusing through boxes and being useful instead of trying to make up pathetic adages while sitting down in front of the computer)
So, I'll add a few pictures and get back at it.
Happy first grader.
Envious brothers.
A gorgeous afternoon at the same old, same old wonderful park. Sure glad some things didn't change!
One of the activities this boy has taken up to deal with missing his sister.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember trying to clean and have it stay clean when mine where all still at home too--hardly seems worth the effort at times!!

Brody and Carolyn said...

Hey Sis,
You may feel more accomplished by spending your hours cleaning, but we sure do appreciate the time you take to update. Please keep them coming.
Love the BIG lady on this side of the country.....

Anonymous said...

Leanne, I can't even keep my house clean and I only have 2 kids both who are able to help out a wee bit. HOpe this boosted your spirits a bit.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh!! But anyways, I think it is your age that is slowing you down, after all you are ALMOST THIRTY!!!! Ha Ha I'll come help you out next week sometime. Love ?

The Feijens said...

Caleb is really into those wonderful 24 peice puzzles right now too! I love how long it keeps him occupied!

LeanneM said...

Thanks for more beautiful pictures :) hug, L