Thursday, October 30, 2014

Once Upon a Time

(Because it's been a long time since I wrote anything here and even longer since these events took place...dedicated to the best father-in-law a girl could ever have)
Long ago, when the days were warm and dry and sunny, Mom and Dad came out for a vacation.  I'm not sure what part of them rested but it sure didn't happen any of the time they spent with us!!!

Steve and Dad rebuilt our very sad fence.  I was going to pressure wash it and stain it before fall..... apparently this is not an  everything turns out perfect - happily ever after story!



 Meanwhile Mom was inside working hard to start on getting rid of all that drywall dust.  (BTW, Mom is as fantastic a mother in law as Dad is FIL but she isn't the one giving hints about the blog's progress or...not progress so no dedication remarks to her! :)

 After going back to the farm for supper Opa cuddled up on the tramp with all the kids for an Uncle Billy story.  Opa's imagination is quite healthy and the kids delight in these stories.  He's been telling them for years!  I also just noticed that even the cat got in on it.  Gross! :)
 We also spent one sunny, gorgeous afternoon at the park with all the Westerners playing soccer,
 snuggling sick and feverish Cody,
 and carrying babies, keeping an eye on toddlers and enjoying eachother's company.

The bonus of doing this way after the fact is that I cut my storytelling down a few notches and the posts are a bit shorter.  You're welcome! :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for FINALLY posting! (just had to say that..I am no btw) :) I so love reading your blog! Makes me smile just about every time..and sometimes laugh out loud!

Kathy said...

oops.. meant to say no better btw.