Thursday, October 30, 2014

Back to that Beautiful Blue

After the first steep hill almost turned disastrous for Cara - I know we aren't to live a life of "what if's" but I was thanking the Lord will ALL my heart that Cara didn't hit a tree, get hit by another rider, scrape all her skin off her arms and legs, break a bone etc!! when she lost control on her way down the steep hill.  Thankfully, even though she screamed a terrified, helpless cry she somehow managed to hang on and stay up right till she collapsed in my arms, a shaky, crying little girl.  Us ladies stuck together for calmer paths till the rains came.
 And we saw the snake.  Anyone tell me what it is?  It slithered sideways in this S shape so that the name sidewinder came to mind but I have no idea.....and yes, it did cross my mind I have access to google. Call me lazy? edited:  I looked up sidewinders and this is def not one of those: 
  • Crotalus cerastes, a venomous pit-viper species found in the southwestern United States - nope
 Did I mention gorgeous blue skies?????  I think they are SO majestic!  I would love to be someone who lays down in the grass and just watches the clouds blow by!
 We met up with the adventurers... maybe not a good idea when I started hearing stories about Cody's "acrobatics of the year" and some hearty off roading/ head over tea kettle-ing?  I always think it's better to hear about it than watch it.  :)  They were so excited to share the crazy things they had done but I was so thankful they were still all whole.
 And again.
 The blue skies disappeared behind the clouds and the rough and tough gang took to the muddy trails under pouring rain.  This bike didn't make it.  We abandoned it here and Steve happily did some cross country! One time he came around a corner and was 3 steps away from patting a deer on the nose.
 On the way home we picked up some ice cream cake for a belated Opa and Daddy birthday celebration.
 Another Uncle Billy story.
 Not to be forgotten... our handy dandy diy bikerack that got not a few curious looks :)

No comments: