Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Super Fun!

Steve and I went out for supper last night courtesy of Laura who gave us a (second :) ) gift certificate and babysitting as a last secret friend gift.

I picked up frozen pizza all in the name of thoroughly enjoying the night off and left the dear ones in her very capable hands.

We first headed to the river for a brisk, chilly, refreshing walk on which I requested a dozen photos to remember this fun night. After getting numerous hilarious self portraits we set up the timer on a bench.
Off we headed to Boston Pizza where we, yup we did, hauled in the scrabble game to a few strange looks and enjoyed a mostly quiet night of great food, superb company and a neck and neck game of scrabble. The SCORE sillies, WE were sitting on opposite sides of the table! :)
Maybe it was the sunny, spring like day that preceeded the evening. Maybe it was getting the walk in first while we could still enjoy the beauty of the trail. Not sure, but it was a fantastic evening.
A big huge thanks from all of us, Laura!

4 comments:

Marian said...

Oh, fun! What a great idea to take a game with you!!

Martin and Wieska said...

Great picture! Glad you had a fun night out!!

Laura deGroot said...

My pleasure Leanne! Your kids were just peachy for me, and I'm glad you were able to enjoy a peaceful night out! Like I said before, I can do it again, only in the next 3 weeks of course ;)

Joel Overduin said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you had a good time :)
Marianne