Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The kids were asking for special spring break events and so their creative Daddy told them to get their pillows and blankets. We were going to have a sleepover.

We had just put down this super piece of carpet courtesy of Brian and Leanne and it was way cushier than any tent floor I've ever slept on. Warmer too! I did warn Steve I had still a lot of work to do so it was going to be his priviledge to talk them down from HYPER to sleepy! It only took about 2 hours until they were all asleep.

And you can bet your boots that the girl in the middle was DELIGHTED when her littlest brother and sister insisted they both wanted to sleep beside her and then proceeded to snuggle in like bugs on a rug. Wait.... that pretty much sums it up nicely!
As for the Mom and Pop team of this operation. Pop, the instigater and follow througher was asleep the minute his head hit the pillow while Mom, the one who doesn't stir a muscle when the robbers cut the locks and empty the shop of food and tools, heard every single snuffle and shuffle those dear kids made.
I will admit that at 5:45 I asked Steve if I could go back upstairs to catch some sleep. And then I told him he was welcome to have a camp out whenever he felt he had energy to do so, but this was my first and last time. Party pooper, hey?! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I'd be a party pooper too! Nothing like a full nights sleep in your own comfy bed!