Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sometimes

I just took Cara into ER tonight for a really strange rash - visit recommened by Nurse's Helpline. I noticed this rash just as I was about to tuck her into bed. Cody was not at all happy that we were going without him and he SO wanted to go to the doctor with Cara.

Got home 1.5 hours later (doctor thought the rash is something viral so nothing to stress about yet) to find Cody was still awake waiting for Cara. She was sleepy, slept through the most of the wait room and all of the exam and immediately crashed in her bed. Cody checked her over, kissed her goodnight and then went on to excitedly tell me everything he did with Steve while we were gone. "First we read 2 books, then Papa had a peach bread and I had cheese whiz, then Papa put on a hockey game, then I told Papa a story about bears."

Then I tucked him in bed and he crashed, perfectly content now that his special sister was home where she "ought" to be.


This picture is from this morning. They are getting so big. Big enough to play a game together on their own. Big enough to get dressed by themselves.

Small enough to not care if the clothes are the same 3 days in a row and worn backwards everyday :)


I hope I never take for granted the specialness of 2 little best friends.

1 comment:

LeanneM said...

Pretty special indeed :) Noticed that they look alike in the picture - especially the noses and mouths :) hugs to you and them