2)the striped shirt that he was so skeptical about at first has become one of his favorite shirts.
3) the plaid shirt that Sam got for his 3rd birthday and wore proudly as a "worker man's shirt" is Cody's "army shirt" or "soldier shirt"....
4)that could be explained by the fact that he and Cam were playing pirates yesterday and the lightening bolts I scribbled on his airplane were called bullets for the entire afternoon.
5)if you ever doubt the power of reading to your kids let me just tell you that yesterday the pirates were operating in and around "Boola, Boola Island" which happens to be the name of the island the pirates stole Gramma's pie to in a book that Krista and I read to the kids countless times last summer during swimming lessons. Every so often the kids bring the book up and be sure I keep my eye out for it at the thrift stores and even considered walking in the the YMCA with a book and asking to do a trade!
6) his socks must be pushed down around his ankles.
7) And yesterday he added a hat to the whole ensemble!
8) he thinks burping is a great and manly achievement....
9) he loves to make us laugh and we all still call "come back here you chickens" when he's center of attention
10) has a great imagination and a wonderful sense of humor and can set the whole family to laughing like crazy (see #9). He is coming to that wonderful age of increasing vocab and I-wanna-be-a-big-boy - ness and he is loved SO much.
And he loves his Opa and HE didn't mind watching the wonderful Thomas the train while draped around Opa's neck... I don't think Opa really minded either! :)
2 comments:
Oh boy....wait until your boys get older...you'll have to make a 'sin bin' jar. Anyone burping on purpose from either end gets to put a quarter in the sin bin. I tell the boys it's my 'Hawaii fund'....it's amazing how this has curbed the explosions. I'm a long ways from going to Hawaii...maybe I should up the fee to $2!
cecile k
what a guy.. and growing up so so fast.
Post a Comment