Friday, April 8, 2011

Codster Bodster

Isn't he a friendly looking fellow? If Cody excels in anything, it's imagination. He has the most healthy, thriving imagination I've ever seen in a kid, not that I've seen all kids. So, when Mrs. DV gave him a dinasour when we visited a local thrift shope the other day, I expected he would have a lot of fun with it.


But what I didn't expect was that at the next thrift store he would roar and threaten the old man who challenged him by looking him in the eyes.

Cody: walking around meekly with the dinasour

Old Man: walking around generally minding his own business but stopped to smile at Cody.

Cody: assumes his most agressive, one leg back, dinasour thrust forward stance and growls, "be careful for my dinasour, rrraawwwwww!!"

Old Man: jumps back, puts up both hands, "whoa scary!"

Cody: thinks, hey someone willing to play, jumps forward, thrusts dinasour forward again, "RRRAAAAWWWWWWW!!"

Old Man: chuckles, makes a comment about boys and playing

Me: "Yes, but I think we need to work abit on respect!"

No comments: