Please note this is not a reflection on my upbringing. I recall many a week watching my mother (or agh! participating myself) in the shining up of the two large living room windows. I was taught well. I just didn't learn... or I chose to forget... or it's (another) one thing I let slide, I guess. This is the only window the kids can really stand at to see anything outside unless you count standing on the kitchen counter to look out at the back yard. So, they stand on the couch, with their hands adding many hand prints and their tongues and noses adding lots of other disgusting stuff. Sorry, that's just the sorry truth.
So this is what the window looked like this morning. The snowflakes and snowmen adding tape gum to the mess. So I peeled it all off and attacked it with my norwex clothes. If you do not have these you may want to look up the norwex consultant nearest you. It's not the stressful cleaning that has me avoiding this task. Just hot water and elbow grease for the sparklingest windows ever.
So I got done the inside, stepped back, admired and realized the necessity of doing the outside too. Now, when consulting the weather website, it was recorded that our little town was sitting at about -5 C. Not exactly prime window washing temps. But, I figured the window was getting direct sun and while my hands might get cold, the water wasn't likely to freeze on those sun warmed windows. So out I went. First to set up my ladder, then to get to work.
And boy did it work.
Until I tried to wash the first of the two screens. See for yourself (far right). It will probably take tomorrow morning's sun to get rid of the ice :)
But isn't that a cheerful looking window?! (It's cause the sun's no longer on it so you can't see the moisture trapped between the panes, the smudges from the window washing that tended to get a bit hastier the longer I was on the ladder and the new handprints already on the inside, left while the kids cheered me on in completing the outside. Actually they were begging to come out with me.)
Next up, the bathtub. Did you know if you spray your tub with straight vinegar and then let the hot water run to create some steam, you can get a really sparkling tub?
4 comments:
Great job on the windows!! I always say, windows are for looking out OF not looking AT, so if there are fingerprints or smudges on them then they are being used as they should!
I will have to try the vinegar
in the tub one day. But do you have to wear a mask? Isn't
it hard on the nose and eyes?
Love my norwexs cloths too! You inspired me to give my windows some loving too. If you are giving out cleaning tips I'd like some more info on the vinegar too! My cleaning tip for white shoes/soles?? Use Norwex cleaning paste. With a little elbow grease, you can make them look like new! Saved my kids shoes many a times. That's it for today :) Brenda
Hey Sis!
Your window looks great! and by the way.... at least we can wash our windows here all year round, even if it is minus 5 or 6. Care had a good laugh at me for trying to wash hers when she was gone. It don't work so well in minus 20 weather:)
love the tips and i might have to borrow your photographer for a day ;)
Post a Comment