For someone who considers herself quite relaxed in character there's been a few things around here lately that make me wonder what's changed.
Couple of Sunday's ago I discovered a bump on top of my hand. It startled me most because at the time of its discovery I was also experiencing some numbness and tingles that eventually travelled all the way up to my shoulder and convinced me to get it checked out at ER that same night.
A whole bunch of blood tests, a doctor's visit, an ultrasound and another doctors visit later and the conclusion is it is not something to worry about, not something that can necessarily be fixed.
That last doctor's visit was this morning and I left feeling a little dumb that I had possibly wasted a whole bunch of people's time and a bunch of tax payer's money to boot.
(But I'm sure thankful for the medical system I worked with over the last couple of weeks. Dumb or not, the peace of mind is incredible.)
Enter this afternoon and the kind doctor I saw this morning laughed out loud to open the door of his office to see Cody and I waiting for his perusal of a nasty bump. We were at my Mom and Dad's and Cody and Cara were playing nicely downstairs when suddenly he started to cry so strangely. I made my way to the stairs only to find Cara with one hand lovingly on his arm and the other on his back trying to lead him upstairs. Cody was a nasty gray color and pretty much collapsed into my arms when I reached him. I was still doing okay. But when his eyes were kind of rolling around and he just wanted to cuddle into me and go to sleep I started getting a little uneasy. Now, he did tell me he had bumped his head on a table and he was willing to walk to the kitchen for a candy but his poor bridge between his eyes was looking so awful I couldn't help but phone the doc and ask if I could get him checked out.
We have a great doctor's office. No waiting for hours here. They told us to come in a half hour, I was there in 15 minutes and we were on our way home again with a thorough check up before the original "appointment" time. Maybe slight concussion but nothing really to worry about. A bit more tax payer's money. A bit more peace of mind.
But I worry I may be getting paranoid.
3 comments:
dont they say better safe than sorry?! did Leah tell you how V's face looked like last week?
glad all is well though
Seriously, I am paranoid. I have turned into a full-fledged hypochondriac. This pain in my back rib cage joint (which was totally explainable, and started with a poorly done massage last year) had me convinced I wouldn't see my firstborn go to kindgarten. My husband always jokes about having the 'Russian nanny' on standby, should he need the assistance after my untimely passing.
But, like Ingrid said, BETTER safe than sorry for sure!!!
ditto what ingrid said :)
you know if you have to think about sorting out what to do with the brood to get to the doctor you're not rushing in ;)
don't worry about it
Post a Comment