Tuesday, December 21, 2010

For someone who often feels solar powered this was a lovely shortest day of the year.


Starting tomorrow the days will be getting longer once again. Bit by bit. I'm very thankful.


I hope you had a wonderful day.

At our house... Leah had her second night as part of a horse vaulting club and she went from last week starting out scared and learning a whole new world, to this week kneeling upright with her hands straight out at the shoulders! And practicing a flag - up on one knee other leg straight out behind, and even a bridge - sitting backwards on the horse, putting her feet on his rump and lifting her bum up in the air.

And on the way home she said she's gonna stand up next week. It's easy to say on the way home but she looks pretty high up there on that horse, just sitting down. We'll see how brave she gets.

Hurray for Leah! If we thought she was enamored with horses before it's nothing compared to the petting and brushing and vaulting she's doing now! I do believe it's fair to say she's head over tea kettles.

I wish I could share a few pictures with you but the lighting in the arena is pathetic and I haven't asked about using a flash. Wouldn't want to startle anyone.

And today, I went to Canadian Tire with 5 kids. It started out fine but ended in a bit of disaster. Once again we gave a bit of a show for half of the town.

And Steve? "Canadian Tire with 5 kids and no stroller or buggy? You're crazy! Six months ago, fine. But Christmas time? Everything's on display and you went in with 2 2 year olds, a 3 year old, a 5 year old and a 7 year old...."

And he was right. Just inside the door they had a nice display with all mounds of fluffy snow that at least 4 of the 5 were compelled to grab a handful of. There was all kinds of decor and candies and toys to be exclaimed over and touched and asked for. And then there was the experience of trying to get them from store to van where 2 2 year olds decided they would prefer to make a mad dash for it than be forced to hold the hands of older siblings. Let's just say they brought traffic to a standstill.

Yup, it was crazy of me. But thankfully we survived.

2 comments:

Martin and Wieska said...

Can we come watch Leah sometime? We'd love that if she would :)

Michelle Vandepol said...

vaulting sounds adorable. and i'm with steve -- buggy & bribing ;)
brave girl