Those same naughty babies took advantage of the minutes I was downstairs concentrating on a sewing project to go upstairs and clean the bathroom for me.
Kind, doncha think?
'Cept they used face cloths dunked in toilet water.
And between their clothes and the floor there was a lot of water about.
So it's a toss up. Do I keep my eyes locked on them 12-13ish/7 (as opposed to 24/7 - they rarely nap anymore and don't often do 12 hour nights but at least there's generally 11 peaceful hours per every 24 period ) and avoid these scenarios or do I just do my projects and allow them to provide the kinds of stories you all so seem to enjoy at my expense? :)
I think I'll continue as is. Glad to oblige. :)
Ps. Don't feel as though you should apologize for laughing. Know I'm laughing with you. I probably won't post the stories of the moments that have me in tears.
4 comments:
Very thoughtful of them...until I read the toilet water line, I was ready to ask you to send them over to tackle my bathrooms! :) love you all...thanks for the stories!
tip for those little cleaners. i gave the kids soap pumps with watered down liquid soap and cloths when they were in that stage and they did lots of "cleaning" doesn't hurt anything and buys you more project time. ;)
keep on as is -- you will be thankful for their independent spirits later on :)
Just want to encourage you in your busy life as mother of these little ones. God has given you these children both for your own growth, and because you are the mother they need. He didn't give them to someone else, but to you and Steve. Continue to be patient; continue to laugh; live one day at a time.
love, Joan te Bokkel
Post a Comment