Tuesday, February 2, 2010

MakeOver Part I

Last night I had some lovely ladies come over and visit for a Close to my Heart Party I had "won". :) Christina came up with a lovely way to cover up some ugly tins I had picked up and we ended up with this pretty result. She's good. Thanks, Christina!

Top: don't look at my poor job of covering the tin edges with brown staz on ink. One would think I was in a hurry. (With this discovery one might also rethink her slight impatience with daughter's same bent to just get things done without worring so much about how it looks, ie. coloring. This type of revelation is not always comfortable!)


Just so you can get the idea of the depth.
A huge thank you to every single one of you sweethearts who gave me one night of your week. We're all busy and I thoroughly enjoyed having you create, yap and laugh in my living room...and kitchen...and even back hall for some of you. (Yes, you know who you are.) Let's just say it's a good thing our kids are used to noise. They slept through everything and it was alot. :)

And did you hear me say I loved it? A great big {hug} for every single one of you. Even the ones whose babies spit on the floor. Or how about the cup of water? Did I mention to you the flooring is linoleum :) and cleans super easy when I get around to cleaning it? Consider yourselvles lucky, I mopped it for YOU yesterday.

In summary, the only thing that could have made it a better night was if I had had a chance to have a 1/2 hour visit with each one of you singularily. Maybe I'll start getting out more and stop in to visit each of you...maybe... next year.


On to one more topic for the night. The babies bedroom is almost done. Only a few brown touch ups to do. That doesn't mean the job is perfect. The blue and green were VERY hard to cover and I just did not have the patience, time or desire to do a third coat of white on the molding and doors.

See paragraph two.

Ouch.

Maybe I should just pull out the brush and bucket again.

Well, this is the before shot. Notice I have the cribs kitty corner to each other.

The half done shot. It was sitting like this for probably a week and looking at the green against the brown nearly made me physically ill. (See the cribs side by side in the middle of the room? This is the reason for the twins' increase in pre and post sleep activities)

Aah. Like I said it's not perfect but it does look much better does it not?

See that basket on the floor? Mom O, I think you would enjoy that little basket. It is one handled, I found it at the thrift store for $2, but despite it's slight handicap, it has made a huge difference in our morning and evening routine and the living room landscape. You see, ever since moving to Young Rd. I have lazily thrown the kids' pj's somewhere in the living room upon their getting dressed in the morning. I figured no sense bringing them upstairs (or now downstairs in the new house) for the day only to have to climb the stairs again at night to go get them. (I know, probably 30 seconds max per trip but those 60 seconds seemed to require a lot of the day's energy.) So, tra la la la la, I am pleased to introduce you to the "jammie basket". The kids know they have to put their jammies there in the morning and go find them there again in the evening. Missy Cara thinks it's a wonderful game! Having a habit like this so early in her life makes me wonder if at 27, should she be blessed with a child or two of her own, if she'll have a "jammie basket" of her own.
But that's a story for another day.
Thanks for hanging on with me to the end here. Thanks for reading through my blathering!
Please stay tuned for the MakeOver Part ll: Special Edition. I hope I can have it up sometime in the next couple days.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Just wanted to say Leanne how much these ladies enjoyed being at your house! I cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoyed it...you truly are a darling :) And by the way, thank you for not mentioning names regarding baby spit :) (ahem, LAURA :) hehe)

The Feijens said...

It was a blast Leanne and I've even gotten over my impulsiveness mess. Thanks for understanding and being a great friend and wow does the twins' room ever look great!!

Anonymous said...

ok, I am laughing out loud here....seems a certain someone has short term memory loss... I would never be so rude as to let my child regurgitate the contents of there tummy on someone elses floor!

I had a splediferous time Leanne! Lots of good laughs (some at the expense of another lovely lady!!) I can't wait to do coffee.... and I LOVE your place...at least what I saw anyways! It looks great!

have a great day!

Laura

Greta and Gary said...

Thanks for having all of us ladies over:) The tin was a great idea!
The twins' room looks great.

Elena said...

Thanks for having us all over... it was a very fun night out :)
and fantastic job on the twins' room!
And i enjoyed sitting beside two funny ladies' - Laura and Heather :)

Willetta Les said...

thank YOU Leanne, for having us over! Was a lovely evening, and a creative, useful idea to alter the tins :)
have a Wonderful day!
love, Willy

PS the twins room looks great

Michelle de Raadt said...

Loved it too! Thanks again, Leanne! We should do it again sometime, even if it is just for coffee! Have a great day!