Tuesday, February 16, 2010

And This Boy

Edited to add: Although it looks bad, please be assured Sam never hit Cody with the stick. He might have touched him with it but never hurt him, promise.

Yes, I love this boy. He can make me laugh so. It's been said that he loves to quote books and videos. It's fun to hear what he has exact, what he paraphrases and what words he butchers because of lack of understanding of the vocabulary.
This night he picked up a plastic bag and was having "sack races." Ah yes, it was his favorite book of the month, "Lil' Wolf and the Three Pigs" whose sack races he was imitating.

Sam follows the credentials of everything that is stereotypically male. He loves sticks and prisoners and jail and fights. He loves to chase his siblings around the house with his hands up and his face construed into something scary. Why does he get such pleasure out of freaking them out of their wits?Poor Cody, he has no idea of the allegations but he does know he is not afforded the "innocent until proven guilty."

Lucky for Sam Cody didn't act as though he thought it was much more than a game. Lucky for Sam he didn't try to give Cara the same treatment. I'm sure she would have screeched and demanded lawyers.Despite the size difference, victory still tasted sweet.



Another one of Sam's latest games is space aliens. Like the space helmets? They'll play a good hour before tiring of this. Poor Cam does look rather dour in his helmet but don't worry, he really does enjoy this game.


Sam is a VERY slow supper eater. This is something I want to remember when he's 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18. Then I'm sure I will be kicking myself for ever resenting his tiny portions and drawn out pace.

Sam is also a very careful color-er and painter. At least, he's careful about what he puts on his paper. He wasn't as concerned about his clothes. He needed to wipe his fingers on something. I'm sure those pants will never be the same :) Thankfully for Sam, that is one area I do not get stressed about.


Just a few Sam quotes...
When Steve left the table the other night, Jeff and I looked over at his "Take" board. Jeff said he took issue with 'nuace'. In his haste, Steve had indeed skipped an 'n'. Sam, who was listening in announced as Steve came back, "Papa, you've got some explainin' to do!"
When it's Sam's turn to pray The Lord's Prayer at lunch time, he always makes me smile with, "tem-pation."
Last week Friday Leah not so subtly let the boys know at breakfast that they would miss her after school because she was going to go to Gramps and Gramma's for a sleepover. Sam exploded, "Leah, you have all the luck!"
Yes, this boy makes us smile, he's a big, big blessing to Steve and I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sam,
You are my most hampsonest Sam boy. I love you lots. I love the way that you love to sit and read with gramma. Hope you come over soon again.
Love gramma