Saturday, March 28, 2009

Good Times

I have to go back a few days to the 2 pie plates piled with double chocolate chip cookies that Laura delivered to our house. Yum! Thanks, Laura, you're a sweetie!

My husband is amazing and his imagination is something else. A couple of nights ago he promised the kids an end of spring break surprise for Saturday morning. They were so curious and kept guessing everything from the mundane to the extravagant- so fun. He decided to start the surprise a few hours early and took us all to White Spot for supper last night. Hooray! Did you all hear me say my husband is amazing?!! We were smart enough to get there just before 5:00 and the kids did amazingly well. I don't think we made too much of a scene at all. There are some people who just can't help getting bug eyed at the sight of 5 young kids all belonging to one couple, even if the kids are behaving. Can't say as I blame them. :) Anyway, like I said everything went relatively smooth and quiet besides the time Leah ran back across the resturant from the washroom with a great big leap and BOO when she got to our table.

The next part of the surprise started when the kids were finally in bed and the house in order. Steve hauled a stash of toys downstairs and started creating a masterpiece.

This is what it looked like before we went to bed. Some finer details... man floating down the river under the bridge.


The ranch, train tracks and jail, complete with big bad jailer.

Some mountain climbing, a zoo keeper life guarding while his charges refreshed themselves in igloo infested waters :) and a little lady stealing onto the log cabin roof by way of a ladder.

Posted by Picasa I didn't get pictures of the kids' reactions this morning, I got some video instead. Nice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids must have had a hoot when they woke up the next morning...and I bet steve had lots of fun too setting it all up ;-)

Glad you had a good dinner out!

Laura

LeanneM said...

Looks like fun :) I wish I was invited to play hee hee! have a fabulous happy sunny day!