Today I looked up definition of gift. I didn't do a thorough study of the definition but one word that stood out was "unearned". I'm not saying I'm more knowledgeable than the dictionary but for me when I think of the gifts I was/we were given this past week it goes farther than unearned. These gifts were undeserved. For me, the knowing of how undeserved these gifts are is what makes them so precious. At the risk of letting you know how spoiled I am let me tell you what happened yesterday. I woke up to an email in my inbox from my sis-in-law, Rachel. She wanted to know if she could bring supper. Now, it seems to be one thing to get suppers when you have a crazy busy day but it is another thing entirely to have supper brought when there's not too much else to do all day. In other words, I was fully capable of making supper. Well, I'll get to the point. Rach brought supper. Actually, Rach brought SUPPER. It was fantastic. Salad, garlic bread, carrots, pasta, jello and dessert. In the picture Leah and Sam are checking out all the components and Cam is just saying, "nummy, nummy" as in let's eat right now! Thanks so much, Rach.

Other sis-in-law came to visit me in the morning and what did she bring along but a bucket of cookies. Shortbread, my favorite, and speculaas cookies. All delicious, all undeserved! Thanks, Leanne. Chelsie had fun loving the babies. Here's a special picture of a little girls' moment.

Last night, Steve and I had the privilege of going to a special school night with Leah. We had a lot of fun seeing her classroom through her eyes as she led us from display to display searching for the projects with her name on them. Leah's favorite part was the little pancakes. She gobbled a lot of them down! Her classroom had a dutch theme and it was neat to hear the little ones try to sing their dutch songs. (Leah wasn't very loud!) Did you catch that it was Steve, Leah and I? Mom M held the fort down here and it was special to just go away with Leah.

A little pancake with icing sugar just for Papa.


Today was a very normal Saturday for the O's. I went away to do some errands in the morning and then Steve went outside with Leah and Sam to work on some house things in the afternoon. Leah and Sam loved that time of puttering around with Steve. Actually it was one of those play/work sessions as L & S convinced Steve to pull them around the yard a few times on our makeshift garbage can lid sled.
Time to try and tuck some babies in for the night and give Steve the computer back.
For all of you who lavish these gifts on us, be it food, your time, etc. know you are loved. Wish you all a blessed Sunday.
4 comments:
Brian and Amanda gave me the link to your blog. So neat to catch up a bit. Congratulations on the twins and it has been fun to read :o)
I've heard a bit about you as a couple over the last years, do you have a way that we can see a picture of your family?
I'm amazed over and over again how interconnected we are and how many people have heard about our little space online!
Hopefully you come back to check out the comments and get this message.
Glad you enjoyed your evening away :) I see no new jeans? Was that a Saturday errand? That picture of our little girls is great - Cara's thinking "this whole 'kiss' thing is hilarious!" Love you back!
Oh dear, Steve knew me in my mischevious days and now my kids are paying me back ;o) LOL Our blog hasn't been updated in about a year and a few months but there are tonnes of pics on there. We're on facebook too. Our blog is/was http://koopmankids.blogspot.com/
Hope you don't mind us popping in. I enjoy reading your writing :o) Linda
Post a Comment