This is a portion of the results of last Thursday's activities with Leah. She had 50 day on Friday and I thought I could use that as an excuse to do something extra special with her so I cut out some strips of BLUE paper and she stamped the fronts with flowers for the girls and donkeys for the boys :) Then she started to stamp "happy 50 day" in the inside but it was a bit of a disaster so I encouraged her to write her name first. There's nothing quite like anything "artsy or crafty" with a child to bring out my impatience and nerves but realizing that would totally defeat the original purpose, I tried some of my best negotiating and conniving to finish this project without getting frustrated. Thankfully, I was successful and Steve and I finished the project off after she was in bed. Take note, 50 times is a lot of times for a little girl to write her name.
I also got some wonderful video of Cam coming flying down the stairs on his stomach, head first. It amazes me what that little guy all dares to do when he copies his brother and sister! Although I would love to share the video with you last time I found out how long it takes to upload so I don't think I'll do it very often.
Friday, Krista came in the morning just to help out for a bit and then Leanne came to keep me company as I had already told her I didn't intend to do anything that day! She wisely suggested going for a walk and we had a fantastic time in the sunshine, trying out the "big caboose". Cam really enjoys going down the sl
Saturday Leah and I started off doing errands together. Errands are a funny thing. They always sound enticing as it is time that only you get to spend with Mom but when you get down to the nitty, gritty of it, errands can be hard to endure! When we got home we found Steve and Sammy bringing things that are stored in Cam's room upstairs into our basement. That was the start of the cleaning up urge! Steve finished his Saturday with a beautifully organized shed. I'll have to post some pictures of it because it's worth seeing... actually, since most of you didn't see the before picture (which I neglected to take) after pictures probably won't mean a whole lot.
Well, I still could write about Sunday and Monday and today but I have run out of posting time. I'll have to catch you up on more details another time.
In the meanwhile I'll include these pictures of the twins. They are really starting to enjoy cooing to eachother and playing w
Sorry, you'll have to crink you neck a little for the one picture. I forgot to turn it before I uploaded it and now I can't figure out how to remove it or turn it. I'm welcome to any teaching any of you is able to provide!
9 comments:
Dear Leah,
I like the cards that you made for your class for 50's day. That was a very good idea. I hope that you had a fun day with your class on that day. Hope to see you again at school on Friday. Love Gramma
Good idea for 50s Friday:) Leah did a great job.
I would love to see pics of the organized shed:) They will probably put us to shame. Our garage is a mess! You can send Steve & Sam over here next LOL.
The pictures of Cara & Cody really remind me of pictures I have of Benjamin & Kyle laying side by side like that. What a special bond twins have.
By the way, to delete a picture- just go to edit post & backspace the picture you'd like to delete. Anyway I better stop talking now...
i love the pics of the babies holding hands -- so sweet :)
Donkeys for the boys??? What's that supposed to mean?? I would've chosen something like a dignified lion...:-)
Sorry Jeff, but the stamp choices probably didn't include a dignified lion :D Thanks for more stories! You'll find the corresponding Friday story on my blog...i neglected to speak of doing nothing hee hee. Love your little ones bonding - too cute! hug, L
Very cute! And I know what you mean about arts & crafts and kids! They love to do it, but it either turns out very messy or very frustrating! Take care over there, Leanne, and know that we are thinking about and praying for you and your family.
Lots of love from the de Raadt clan
It looks like the twins are growing beautifully! The pics of them and your other munchkins are always adorable. THis is such a nice way to 'keep up' with whats going on over there! Thanks. Hope to see you all in a couple months.
Shell
Wow Leanne! You are a very good Mom. Much to my shame, Kayla had 100's day today. We are so creative that guess what? She brought pencils! (I was thinking ahead, now she won't need pencils for the rest of elementary school.) Leah did a great job. Tell Sam I'm coming to play UNO tomorrow.
That was a great idea for 50 day Leanne! I know what you mean too about craft time.... right now our table is full of paper, glue, pictures, colors, tape.....and no I'm not scrapbooking!!
Looking foward to seeing you all on Tuesday. I'll wait till closer to the day to tell Joanne or she'll be ready to go NOW!
We enjoy checking your blog for updates!
Post a Comment