Here's two quotes that made me grin.
From Tuesday when Leah and Sam were playing "mom and dad", Leah was attempting to convince Sam which baby would be best for him (the one she didn't
want, of course). "but look, Sam, this one has hair more down on her brains than that one." I mean, seriously look at these pictures, can't you tell that the one on the right is more boyish, even besides his blue shirt? They are reversed in the "hair picture" but look closely and you will see the one on the left has less hair covering his brains than the sweetie on the right. She has a head full of hair now doesn't she!? Okay, so it's hard to see but there ARE more lines on the "girl baby".
Or, how about this one? When is the last time you toughed it out? Bore the pain as we are known to say? Well, Leah was standing on a bottom up stool and the bottom of that stool has a grid of thin plastic pieces and she let me know it wasn't a problem for her because, "look Mama, I'm bearing the hurtness". Sam, not to be outdone had to do some hurt bearing too.
I'm trying to convince myself this blog updating is a well deserved break from touch up painting but I realize it is quite foolish to not get more done before Leah, Sam and Cam come home again. They were gone all morning and I was going to get a lot done but Cara really did her utmost to prevent my productivity with a dirty diaper that stretched half way up her back. I can deal with that, she's a baby and these things happen, it's the red paint I got on her new leggings when I picked her up that makes me want to say gggrrrrrhh! (I'm doing touch ups because we hope to put our cute little house up for sale and find something with just a wee bit more room)
Okay, one more thing before I get back to work. Here's a video of some twin time from Cara and Cody Tuesday night. It's not really easy to get the feel for how they were laying because I'm the one videoing and I'm a little close but Cara is on her back on the couch and Cody is on his tummy over my knees . This puts their faces 6 inches from each other. Sometimes they grin as soon as I position them like this, other times they seem to ignore each other. I can't say they have really layed there purposefully cooing in a communicating way but they do sure enjoy their cooing with the other paying attention, even if there isn't an immediate response back :) (the most vocal one is the girl baby, of course. :) )
2 comments:
Dear Steve & Leanne: That is absolutely precious! Thank you so much for sharing those funny moments, and those loving moments in your lives. I feel priviledged to be allowed to read it. Strength for the days when things get a little hairy-canary. The phone lines are open! Love, the Hen
You know it's an interesting video when Chelsie sits quietly and watches the entire thing! Her 'babies' enthralled her :) HUGS, L
Post a Comment