After a couple of VERY frustrating days trying to upload pictures we are back in business. No small thanks to colossal neighbor Josh who messaged hints and suggestions until it worked. I think I owe him a major Timmy's card by now for all the computer work he's helped us with!
Our new year started out marvelously with a somewhat last minute planned visit by Mom and Dad!
There was a lot of showing of our newest treasures... like our soccer jerseys from Uganda from Auntie Shelly.Lots of stories and putting up with Cody who likes to climb and hang all over like a little spider monkey.
Lots of snuggles!
And hugs too!
And a highly anticipated "Uncle Billy" story just before bed. I think you've been telling those since Epp drive Dad? I don't know how they got started but when I sneak around for pictures I sure hear some interesting things! :) Uncle Billy learns all kinds of life lessons.
There was game playing...showing off all the moves Gramps has taught us. :)
And more stories.
Probably Dad's favorite part was getting permission to clean up the shop and take a load to the dump!

Too bad I didn't take a picture before he started but let me tell you there wasn't any patch 2 feet square of empty space at 8:30 that morning! Getting to the freezer was an obstacle course for the BRAVE!

Saturday we got together with EVERYONE in the Fraser Valley - which means we were still missing our favorite ON people - for a very gorgeous afternoon of playing together. So much fun now that the kids are getting older. Opa and the Dad's played some soccer and then a couple of games of capture the flag.
Today Sam came home from school very excited about how many pages he had filled during creative writing. When I asked him what he wrote about he said it had to be about his best part of the holiday. His pages??? they were filled with stories from this fantastic afternoon we spent together! I can hardly wait to read it. It was the kind of afternoon that the kids will probably always remember. So special!
The Dad's might have done a bit of moaning about the length of some of these kids' legs and how fast they're getting :) We've come a LONG way from 7-8 years ago when we were constantly interrupted and getting up to referee the toddlers trying to "share" Opa and Nana's toys!
After going inside for an early supper and rest we played some games, ate dessert and had a sing song.A truly WONDERFUL way to start the year!
ps. Dad M. there was some discussion about our living room light fixture. That story is coming yet!!
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures.. .. aww.. we wish we could have been there!
We sure missed you. Seeing you with a baby WE could snuggle would have made the pictures that much more GREAT :)
Post a Comment