Good company; amazing, stunning views no matter which way you turned!
Now, we weren't going to come up with anything that stellar with those of us remaining at home but we (Krista and I) thought we would try something we could all conquer. I haven't hiked Teapot since I was probably as young as Leah!
But first a stop for Leah.
A treat. Usually her Mom just kind of eyes it up and chops some off the bottom. A disaster waiting to happen for the rest of the kids...it was going to take more patience than they had to wait looking in from the outside. So we went flying around the store to pick up some meat and buns for lunch. At one point I came out of an aisle just as another man approached it. He kindly waited for me and then started to enter only to have 4 little ducks pop out one after another behind Mama duck. I heard him mutter, "what is this, a parade?!?!"
Any way we all made it up. As you can see, Leah had somewhat of a drastic change :) And my kids are still no more normal than the last 17 times I've tried to take a group picture.
Opa and Nana, we could see where you stayed on the left hand side and the lake on the right!!! That was special for us!
Lots of fun having cousins that substitute as mostly friends and sometimes enemies.
They don't run out of energy too quickly!
See, told you!!
We ended the day all together again and ate a picnic supper at the park and put the canoe in the slough with friends. Gotta love how a having a canoe nearby all of a sudden has all the kids sitting down (in it) and gobbling down their supper so the canoe rides can begin.
A fantastic way to end a wonderful summer!!


3 comments:
Just to let you know that the group photo with your boys is about as normal as it will get. The craziness continues as they become older :-)
especially with a Cody :) :)
Steve beat Martin to Yak!! ooooohh he'll be jealous when he hears this ;)
and excited to hear how it was too ;)
Post a Comment