Monday, September 2, 2013

Did you know... (Edited)

 the average Canadian kids supposedly get for their teeth is $4 a tooth?!!  What kind of ridiculousness is that?  Anyway, this sweet pea is pleased to announce he is one tooth poorer (and no pennies richer - what a cheapskate I am, huh?)
He is also one of the rough and tumbler kids we have and so he is full of scrapes from running into a wall stud in the basement by Uncle Brian and Auntie Leanne's new house.  It was an oucher but not the cause for the tooth to come out. 
Another thing about Cam that we really want to remember when he's 16 is the fact that the summer he was 6 he wore his shorts above his belly button and his socks to his knees.  While he doesn't look overly excited here the truth is he is happiest when his socks are as high as physically possible.  He knows it's become a bit of a joke but he does not care.  Just give me "long socks!!"
A little while ago Krista said to me, "I bet when you look at Cam you're actually happy the school doesn't have shorts for uniform."  We laughed at it then.
Last week we got dressed for school supply day and I suggested to the kids they put on a pair of pants.  (I don't expect you to understand this if you're not from my area)
Cam went and put on a pair of jeans and his new runners and then came up to me a sad little guy.  "I look FUNNY in pants!!!!"
I laughed so hard, because little buddy, you do not look funny in pants although you might feel funny in them.  You, my dear special little guy look FUNNY in shorts!!
 
This morning I remembered something I just had to add to this post.  Last week he got to sleepover at Les & Krista's and it happened to be haircut night.  He was more than happy to have his hair cut by a real haircut lady instead of his mother.  When she commented how much hair he had on his neck for her to shave off, he cheerfully informed her, "you can do my knees too, if you want!"  I think Laura and Krista just about lost it.  Just picture it, back up and look from a distance. With his socks pulled up that high, the knees are the only thing showing.  The constant tugging the socks higher has probably worn all the rest of his leg hair right off! :)  Aw Cam, you're the best!

5 comments:

HeatherVMS said...

That is funny! My brother used to have the same "need." Socks pulled as HIGH as possible! Thankfully he eventually outgrew it and wore his socks at a "normal, acceptable" height.

Leanne O said...

I tried to replace his socks with ankle socks....for 30 seconds. :) I'm actually totally okay with it but it does make for a good laugh on occasion.

Anonymous said...

Poor Cam! The reason he's so worried about keeping his socks so high is probably to HIDE all the hair on his legs...... - KN

Margaret Van Der Heide said...

I bought my children's teeth for $0.25, just so I could throw them out without anyone complaining they wanted to keep their tooth. :-)

Leanne O said...

maybe I should still do that, Mrs. vdH, my kids still pull out all their teeth to "admire" everytime the subject comes up again!