Sam's trip this year was a day at the zoo. It was a very wet and cold day but the great part about that is all the animals were out and moving. We saw a lot of really neat creatures, as well as ugly ones too! Rhinos... hipos... Burmese boa constrictors.... you get my drift.
Sam requested this picture, told me he was a hobo on the tracks. The problem is, his pants are now so short that he totally looks the part! I wanted this picture because I thought he was so tickled with his first experience of Gatorade (or deodorant as Cam kept calling it) that he just couldn't leave it with his lunch. Truth was he actually didn't like it at all and I have no idea why he hauled it with him. Hoping to feed the big cats, maybe?
And yes, I also looked the part of the hobo. I ended up wet - water dripping off the end of my nose wet- and so the towel I had thought to use to sit on the grass with ended up being my extra layer for much of the afternoon.
While Sam took about 265 of the 281 pictures, I did try to get a picture of him with most of the statues. I don't know why, I just did.
Just a fun day to spend with the boy. The best part? While he informed me I could sit at the front of the bus with the moms on the way there, partway through the day he checked with me to see if I would sit by him in the back on the way home. :)
2 comments:
how fun!! I still remember my grade 2 zoo trip
I bet that Sam's favorite picture is the one with the eagle.
Post a Comment