Friday, April 26, 2013

fun stuff!

copied from my facebook post the other day:
doing crafts with the kids has left me with two options
a) picture perfect - looks exactly like what I found on pinterest!
b) almost can't see what it is anymore - they've used the original supplies and added a black sharpie and have let their imaginations take a simple "gold fish bowl" to a scene from the bottom of the ocean with crabs, swordfish, sharks, eels, barracudas, eggs and a fisherman.
yup, we're at "b" but they're having so much fun I almost don't want to chase them back outside!
 
The Inspiration
 
Easy Fishbowl Craft
The Masterpieces

 
Cody's top left obviously has the swordfish there at the top left of his plate and he was VERY happy with my shark despite it's lack of shark qualities.  He also has a number of crabs, eels and snakes on his. Sam didn't want to be left entirely out so used the plate I painted to have a bit of fun.  Cam's top shark got a bit of a shunning after I made Cody's because Cam now found his to be obviously lacking in the teeth department.  Cam's funnest component, I think, is the fisherman that has somehow fallen to the bottom of the sea, bottom far left.  And Cara?  well, she was the first one to insist that if the fish was going to have an eye, it had to have a face to and so she added the smile and a nose and last of all some scales :)
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Simply and Joyfully said...

So fun....made me go way back in time, when some of my boys made these :-) Love reading your blog.

...and about Cam and lawn mowing, good thing there is that safety feature on lawnmowers now. My brother lost part of a finger when he was a young lad (bending over to clear some grass with the mower running - ouch!)

ck