Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Too much reading, not enough understanding :)

The other night after Cara and Cody had been tucked into bed (and after they had gotten out of bed again to play "friends") I heard...

Cara:  "giggle, giggle, Cody did you hear what I said? I said 'I think you're adorable, but I meant handsome!'"
Cody:  "well, Cara, I think you're grotesque-tic!!"

Judging by the tone of his voice he was trying to tell her she was fantastic x 10.  After all, he had just finished praying, "thank you for my special twin sister who is my best friend" (unprompted).  I think he just has a few years of language arts and spelling words before his comprehension catches up to the vocabulary all these books are providing him. :)

This is our library list and partially emptied box. We usually borrow between 40 - 50 books and right now I usually go to the library every week or week and a half... truth is, I love books and the library.
And you better believe I get plenty of strange looks struggling to move that heavy box from libary counter to van and back again :)

No comments: