Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Break: Day One

I will admit today was a bit crazy! 
a)  We started off with a bang, we did a cousin swap sleepover.  That meant one got to go away, one got to have someone sleepover and three thought the scales were slightly skewed.
b)  Seems like most thought Mom qualified for spring break which meant she should have been up for every game playing, book reading, lego making, toy fixing and card making scheme that was proposed.
c)  It's raining barracudas and sharks on our end of the valley which means everyone's a bit antsy to get outside but not really excited about getting soaked.  Although Leah and Kayla did go out on the tramp in the pouring rain everyone else just bounced around indoors.
d)  Kayla and Leah wanted to make cards and had every inch of Leah's room covered in paper scraps and ink.  They helped themselves to my scrapbooking supplies (well, they were somewhat aware of the folly of being too free) but they felt comfortable enough to transfer enough stuff from behind my desk to Leah's room to make a royal mess. :)
e)  I didn't have a plan in place, I did have a few things I was hoping to get done.  Come Monday we'll have settled in a bit, have the unified goal of having a cleaned up house (VERY different from clean house :) ) for Nana's arrival, have an idea of what's going to be allowed and what's not...for example we are NOT playing playdoh and making cards at the kitchen table within the same period of time) 
That being said everyone is really looking forward to a playdoh playing marathon with a special toy I picked up at our gasping Zellers.  We'll probably have our first trial run bright and early Monday morning.

Now do you understand why "cleaned up" and "clean" are so very different?

In my children's defense, they can play playdoh very nicely for many hours in a row.  Yes it is a mess but I can leave them to it and go work at cleaning up a different area of the house and we'll all be very happy.  Until they start asking me to roll them worms. :)

What are your favorite ideas for making home days special?  I absolutely LOVE having the kids all home and I'm really looking forward to the next two weeks.  But I'm not so naive to think it won't have it's bumps.

Especially if that rain keeps falling!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Auntie Leanne:

My favorite thing about making house days special is just cleaning. Cleaning. Cleaning. I even cleaned the toilet for mom today! I'm so big already. I like playdoh so maybe I can come play? I will clean everything when I am done. Maybe I can clean your toilet too? Does your vacuum cleaner work good? My Mom's does!!! It works really good. It cleaned the toilet bowl right empty today.

Bye i love you!

Leanne O said...

Dear Ivanator,
You are very welcome to come play playdoh at my house, maybe tomorrow when your mom is trying to get some work done in the morning???? You ask her.

Ps. I will hide my vaccum cleaner and give you the toilet brush, it's healthier for the digestive system of the vacuum cleaner :)