Outtakes from our first try at family skating.
Leah's gone a couple of times for birthday parties so she was having a lot of fun practicing what she knew just bombing around on her own.
Sam has also been a couple of times and he too felt free to skate away. There was a buddy there from his class to fool around with.This little guy first started on boots. This is mid twirl. He shoved off on one boot, set into a nearly olympic quality spin only to fall in a heap every single time. On purpose! I have great video to show him of his beginner days of figure skating when he's sixteen. :) With the ice that crowded I'm more than grateful that he didn't come away with a finger or something worse slashed by someone else's skates.
Then he decided that he was practiced up and ready to tie on the real deal. Sam had fun pushing him around for awhile and he had fun letting Sam push him around but by the end of the hour he let go of the bars and had at it.
Cody also started out on boots but didn't have nearly the same amount of fun that Cam had. So we got out the skates and thankfully a bar came empty. I have great video of him with his skates going 90 MPH and the boy going nowhere. :) Funnier yet was seeing him try to walk off ice. :)
This little one wasn't supposed to be on the ice at all as her collarbone isn't healed up enough yet but after a while I started to feel quite bad for her and managed to snag a bar for the last 10 min. She wan't nearly as worried as I was and was more than willing to run behind her bar!
Double duty.
Overall a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment