Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Home Again

This year quite literally started with a wonderful visit to Opa & Nana's. 
A few of the highlights from a too short trip.  We played lots of games...

Some played more vigorously than others :)
Cody convinced Opa to try a little chess :)
And then we went toboganning... no matter that the thermometer said cold our hats didn't last long in that sunshine!
The most priceless picture of the trip, I think. Cody says "wheeee!"  Opa says, "this is going to hurt!!!"  Sorry that you never did preview this picture, Dad!
That little bump gave a decent amount of air as shown by
Leah
Cam
And Steve and Cam!! hahaha
We went to check out Christmas lights at Spruce Meadows...still sorry about the havok this picture wreaked on everyone as it caused us to get separated from eachother.  Have you ever tried to find another car in the dark, in unfamiliar territory/city when one party has left their cell phone at home!?  (Nice phone message, Dad & Mom!)
 
We went with Nana on the C-train into the downtown and spent 1.5 hours at the public library...yup, we're cool like that.  We enjoyed every minute of all that reading!
We also had 4 hours of fun at THE BEST leisure center but the fun took a bit of a turn when Cara flipped off the bench in the change room.  Seriously, we were that close to leaving when she fell backwards lifting her leg up so I could put on her socks.  A trip to the children's hospital ER gave us an xray photo that showed a broken collarbone and a fancy little sling to hold her arm in place.
As a side note I would like to share that when I asked the doctor if I could have a copy of the xray she told me the easiest way was probably with my phone.  When I informed her I did not own a cell phone she asked incredulously, "HOW OLD ARE YOU?!!"  Thankfully Mom had Dad's nice phone with :)
Mr. Billy stories were a highlight and when I heard all the giggling and went to investigate I heard some talk about boyfriends/girlfriends or something like that :)  Quite obviously the info was quite enjoyed!
And before we knew it that short week of laughter and games, of royal treatment and delicious meals, of love, heaps and heaps of love, well, it was past and it was time to return home again.
Thankful though we are to be safely home, the end of the special time just came so quick.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What wonderful memories you've created!! Absolutely love the picture of Pastor O, priceless!
Hope Cara heals quickly, although she looks rather pleased with the special sling.
Thanks for sharing!

Martin and Wieska said...

Fun read - I knew you guys would have a good time!! Too bad about Cara... but glad it didn't seem to put too much of a damper on the week.
I also LOVE that picture of Dad :)
Oh yes - glad you enjoyed the library! All because it was the best place to stop and change Sadie's diaper and we thought of you guys!! :)

Unknown said...

so glad we could steal 2 hours of your time in a very packed and fun filled weekend!! SO enjoyed our coffee, wish we were closer! But it just makes these quick little trips all the more special :)

Michelle Vandepol said...

love the pic of pastor on the sled and cara with her sling and the story about your phone-less-ness is too cute -- i can relate :)